We are also available to provide advice and counsel and litigation services to parts and equipment distributors/retailers in the following areas:
- Personal injury defense relating to accidents;
- Defense of wage and hour disputes, including class actions;
- Defense of wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination actions;
- EDD and Labor Commissioner (Berman Hearing) representation;
- Operations and process advice and counsel;
- Defense in regulatory matters involving DOT, OSHA, or CARB;
- Commercial lease and contract negotiation and drafting;
- Buy/sell agreements, and litigation arising from breaches thereof;
- Anti-trust and other business to business claims alleging non-competitive behavior or unfair competition;
- Commercial litigation, including lawsuits concerning secured transactions and actions on guarantees; and
- Business-related advice and counsel and lawsuits.
Our attorneys have successfully represented businesses involved in the automotive parts industry and have extensive experience litigating claims involving parts companies. For example, our attorneys have:
- Represented automotive parts manufacturer in an anti-trust and fraud case, in which he obtained summary judgment, defeating the franchisee’s claims for $5 million in damages.
- First-chaired a three-week arbitration representing a bank against Article 9 Commercial Code claims resulting from liquidation of collateral of a truck parts business after it defaulted on its SBA loan; obtained defense award on all but two claims.
- First-chaired jury trial defending automotive parts retailer in asbestos case that resulted in pre-verdict settlement with no contribution from client.
- Litigated and tried several franchise disputes between automobile manufacturers and automobile retailers, including disputes concerning warranty charge-backs, termination and add point cases.