Robert (“Bob”) Mizar, is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in defending clients in personal injury and property damage claims, as well as defending automobile dealerships in claims based upon the Consumer Legal Remedies Act (“CLRA”) and Song-Beverly and Magnuson-Moss Warranty Acts. In addition to automobile dealerships, Mr. Mizar’s clients also include motor carriers and common carriers, automobile and rental agencies. Mr. Mizar received his Juris Doctorate in 1999 from the University of La Verne College of Law where he earned the American Jurisprudence Award for excellence in Constitutional Law, Corporations, Criminal Procedure and Employment Law. Prior to attending law school he was self-employed in the commercial printing industry, and as a result of this experience he particularly enjoys consulting with small businesses in evaluating and assessing operational risks and creating strategies for managing these risks.
Mr. Mizar strives to thoroughly evaluate liability at the onset of the claims process and to advise his clients regarding their potential exposure and the damages that may arise from an adverse judgment. In placing emphasis on these elements of the claim from the beginning, he has found that he can significantly reduce the time and expense for the benefit of his clients.
Mr. Mizar lives with his wife, Joy, in Upland, near to their three adult children, Lauren, Kristin and Gregg, and their grandson Rex. Mr. Mizar enjoys working around the home and garden and traveling around California and Arizona.
- Specializes in the representation of automotive dealerships in litigation involving Song-Beverly, Magnuson-Moss, Consumers Legal Remedies Act (CLRA), and Automobile Sales Finance Act (ASFA) claims, as well as claims based upon failure to disclose, fraud, misrepresentation, negligent maintenance, and personal injury.
- Also extensive experience representing clients in the transportation industry, including trucking companies, rental car agencies, shuttle van, municipal bus, and taxi cab companies.
- Juris Doctor, University of La Verne College of Law 1999 (Law Review; Recipient, American Jurisprudence Awards for Constitutional Law, Corporations, Criminal Procedure, and Employment Law)
- Bachelor of Arts in History, University of Arizona 1979
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- National Association of Dealer Counsel, Member
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel