Jack Schaedel has spent more than 20 years assisting clients in labor and employment law matters, including wage-hour and employment litigation and providing advice and counsel to employers in managing their workforces.
Jack represents and counsels employers with as few as two employees and as many as 100,000, based in Southern California and throughout the United States, guiding them through the finer points of discrimination and harassment law, wage and hour regulations, family and medical leave, handbook development and enforcement, and the panoply of issues that may face a client on any given day. Jack also speaks frequently on wage-hour law and other employment-related topics to employer groups and bar associations.
For the first nine years of his career, Jack was associated with a regional labor and employment boutique firm and other full-service firms. In 2004, Jack founded Schaedel & Associates, PLC which he operated through 2009, when he joined forces with another firm to create Hernandez, Schaedel & Associates, LLP. In 2013, they became a part of the largest minority owned firm in the nation, where Jack was a partner. Jack joined the Scali Rasmussen team in 2018.
Jack’s experience includes numerous favorable verdicts and dismissals on behalf of individual and corporate clients accused of discrimination or harassment, including a million-dollar reverse fee award in favor of a client wrongly accused of sexual harassment by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. He has also defended clients facing multi-million dollar wage claims and other high-stakes employment litigation. A large part of Jack’s practice focuses on helping clients develop systems to prevent, address and resolve issues before they advance to litigation.
Jack’s experience in traditional labor law involves representation campaigns and elections, collective bargaining negotiations, unfair labor practice arbitrations, and day-to-day CBA administration.
Memberships & Involvement
Pasadena Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Founder and Chairman; Executive Committee, Secretary
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee Member, Labor and Employment Law Section
University of Southern California's Parent Engagement Committee, Member
- YMCA of the Foothills, Board of Directors
- La Cañada Flintridge Chamber of Commerce, past Vice President of Board of Directors
- La Cañada Flintridge Educational Foundation, past President
- Los Angeles Metropolitan Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, Board of Directors
Awards & Recognition
Named Business Attorney of the Year by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, 2013
- Juris Doctor, UCLA School of Law., 1995
- B.S., Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 1992
- State Bar of California, 1995
- Pasadena Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Founder and Chairman; Executive Committee, Secretary
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee Member, Labor and Employment Law Section
- University of Southern California's Parent Engagement Committee, Member